Carr, Morris & Graeff, P.C., represents emerging and established businesses and their principals, primarily in the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Area, and also handles white collar criminal defense and investigations for individuals and businesses across the United States. Founded in 1982, we strive to provide the experience and resources typical at larger firms with the accessibility, personal attention and fee sensitivity common in a small law practice. Because of our reputation for professionalism and personal service, most new clients come to us as referrals from other clients or colleagues in the profession. To arrange a private consultation, contact us by email or call our office at 703-288-2900.
A Full-Serve Commercial Law Firm
Our lawyers provide comprehensive legal counsel to businesses and their principals throughout the Washington, D.C., metro area and across the country, from small, family-owned businesses to large, private corporations. Our practice includes representation in the following areas:
- Corporate law. We handle legal issues that affect businesses, from business formation to mergers and acquisitions and all types of matters encountered in the day-to-day operation of a business. We advise businesses and their principals on tax issues, contract matters, corporate financing, joint ventures, licensing, stock options and incentive plans and succession planning.
- Employment law. We represent businesses and their management teams by providing preventive counseling and training. We also represent businesses in workplace disputes, including claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour disputes, wrongful discharge or termination, and violation of state and federal worker protection laws. Combining our expertise in corporate law, employment law and litigation, we draft and enforce employment agreements, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Commercial litigation. We represent businesses as plaintiffs or defendants in business-to-business litigation, including contract disputes, unfair trade practice claims and antitrust actions.
- Estate planning. We draft and implement tax-advantaged estate plans for business owners.
- White-collar investigations and criminal defense. We represent businesses and individuals being investigated for or charged with white collar criminal conduct relating to their business or personal affairs.